Office of the Provost

Administrative News: Student Accessibility Support (SAS)

Dear Faculty, Students, and Staff,

I am pleased to share that Kim Johnson (she/her) will join the Brandeis community as Director of Student Accessibility Support on June 16, 2024.  In this key role, Kim will lead the development and implementation of services, initiatives, policies, and programming that ensure meaningful university access and dignity for students with documented learning, perceptual, sensory, physical and psychological disabilities. 

Kim brings over 15 years of experience in higher education focused on neurodiversity and accessibility services.  In her prior leadership role at Lesley University, Kim supported administration, faculty, and staff to understand their rights and responsibilities and ensure legal compliance via training, workshops, and one-on-one collaboration and guidance.  In her work with students, Kim is a passionate advocate who uses a personalized, strengths-based case management model to support students with accommodations.  With substantial knowledge in learning disabilities, attention disorders, and autism, Kim engages students in metacognition to encourage independent, self-regulated learning. In supporting students beyond the classroom, she fosters the development of academic skills that transfer to internship and workplace environments.

I would also like to acknowledge Kaitlyn Rogers for her excellent leadership as Interim Director of the Student Accessibility Support (SAS) Office, a role she has held since January 2024, and extend my thanks to all of the members of the SAS Office for their wonderful support of Brandeis students this year.

Sincerely,

Carol A. Fierke, Ph.D. '84

Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs